Crimeshots© True Crime Forums  

Go Back   Crimeshots© True Crime Forums > Caylee Marie Anthony Murder
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Caylee Marie Anthony Murder A Florida mother, Casey Anthony, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Special Reporter

Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!

To jpcamaro:

I am in no position to criticize Jeff Ashton; I don't have the legal training, but I don't see where he did anything wrong, except maybe laughing at Jose Baez that one time.

I thought that the prosecution presented a very compelling case, and the jurors were morons.
Old 03-18-2012, 09:43 AM
Super Poster

Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!

Finally got round to reading this book. As Hippo has already mentioned, those who followed the trial won't learn anything new. However, it was only on reading the book that it dawned on me just how close Casey came to completely getting away with it, (I know she did get away with it in the end) but I mean, not even having to face jail, court or anything.......if she hadn't of abandoned the car that is.

I wonder why Casey chose to abandon the car where she did ? This is a girl who moved from one lie to the next in a heartbeat, but surely she must have known that when the car was found the game would be up ?

What she had to do was drive the car somewhere remote, dispose of it some way in which it would never be found and there would be no case to answer.

She rings her parents, tells them that her and Caylee have moved away with her boyfriend, and they won't be hearing from her for a long time, and there would be no case to answer.

Strange.

Only Way To Find Out Is To Find Out
Old 03-18-2012, 09:46 AM
Super Poster

Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!

Another point I want to make is why is Jeff Ashton getting all the praise regarding this case ? As someone mentioned 'Jeff Ashton for President' signs appeared in places. But it wasn't even his case, it was Linda's, admittingly it's something I'm not sure I realised until reading the book.

Is it because of Jeff's book though that people think this was Jeff's case ?

Old 03-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Special Reporter

Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!Hippo Super Duper Crime Fighter!

To Scorpion:

I don't think it was because of the book, I think it was because of his age and experience.

As best as I can tell, he did a great job, the jurors were retarded.
Old 03-18-2012, 11:34 AM
Special Reporter

To Scorpion:

What do you think would have happened if Casey had been able to conceal the car somewhere?

Here's another issue, though. She was not working, as we know, and was scamming her way from one thing to the next. What we're not taking into account is--what else would she have done to break the law and bring police attention to her?

Let's say she got busted for shoplifting. Would this alert her parents to call the police about Caylee?
Old 03-18-2012, 01:07 PM
Super Poster

I don't know what would have happened if she'd been able to conceal the car, but it would have been a major piece of evidence taken care of.

Just seems strange to me that Casey would chose to so carelessly abandon the car where she did.

Old 03-18-2012, 01:23 PM
Special Reporter

To Scorpion:

Well, I think she ran out of gas, and she is not known for long-range planning skills.