Crimeshots© True Crime Forums  

Go Back   Crimeshots© True Crime Forums > Manson "Family" Murders
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Manson "Family" Murders Discuss the murders of Sharon Tate - Polanski, Jay Sebring, Abigail Folger, Wojciech Frykowski, Steven Parent, Leno and Rosemary LaBianca commited by Charles Manson's "family" members on a two night killing spree in August of 1969.

Old 09-21-2012, 07:33 AM

FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!
Default Leno and Rosemary LaBianca

Why do we never discuss this murder on here? what makes the Tate murder more interesting/important???
Old 09-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Special Reporter

SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairM
Why do we never discuss this murder on here? what makes the Tate murder more interesting/important???

Good question!
I'm not sure why we don't? Maybe because they were not as glamorous
as the victims in the Tate house?
Or the Tate victims included a pregnant young beautiful actress?

What do you think?
Old 09-21-2012, 10:22 PM

doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!doober Super Duper Crime Fighter!

Quote:

I believe it's because the Tate house was more fluid in actions and unanswered questions. Too many questions at Tate. Too many ear-witnesses, too many what-if's. Too many actions to resolve.

It has never been, for me at least, that the Tate crime has been "more" important. If that's the question, then Hinman REALLY got shagged on the level of popularity, didn't he? At least Labianca is part of the title when talkin' about the crime. It was the Tate/Labianca murders. Not the Hinman/Tate/Labianca/Shea murders.

I don't think it was simply because Tate was glamorous and the Labianca's weren't,...although, Rosemary was quite the babe, wasn't she?

hmmm,...

(pause)

What was I sayin'?

Oh, yeah,...

Anyway, there were five victims at Tate. One potential victims was left alive. What did he hear? What did he see? Did CM go back that night? What did Carlos Gill really hear? How botched was the crime scene? Was Abigail wearin' underwear and a bra?....and why did Voyteck have his shoes on when he was asleep on the couch of a friend's home? How did Sharon and Jay's blood get on the front porch? What happened with the dogs? Why was Voyteck sleepin' on the couch anyhow? Was Parent gay?...etc.etc.

Not so much in terms of popularity. Just more questions, that's all.

Nice shoes, Fair. Were'd you get 'em? I really must buy me a pair of those...
Old 09-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Special Reporter

SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!SmileyP Super Duper Crime Fighter!

When Nicole Brown Simpson was found murdered in front of her home
on June 12, 1994. About the same time another woman named "Nicole"
was murdered by her husband.

Few people even gave the other "Nicole" any attention. Does anyone even remember her last name?

It is because CELEBRITY is what the media seems to love to report on.
Lindsey Lohan uses this extremely wonderful tool to keep her name in the
spotlight receiving millions of dollars in free publicity! She is in the news
AGAIN! Another car accident!

Sharon Tate, Jay Sebring, and Abigail Folger were either rich or famous.
This does not make the other victims any less important but the truth of
the matter is the public seems fascinated with Celebrity.

And yes Rosemary La Bianca was a great looking woman. It's a shame
she lost her life! Rosemary's biggest concern was about welfare her husband Lino which says a lot about her!
Old 09-23-2012, 10:19 AM

FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!FairM Super Duper Crime Fighter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by doober

yeah *coughs*...... we Brits call them "baseball boots" Doob, I love 'um, they're scruffy and they're American but charming nonetheless, i think they'd suit you
Old 09-23-2012, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doober
I believe it's because the Tate house was more fluid in actions and unanswered questions. Too many questions at Tate. Too many ear-witnesses, too many what-if's. Too many actions to resolve.

It has never been, for me at least, that the Tate crime has been "more" important. If that's the question, then Hinman REALLY got shagged on the level of popularity, didn't he? At least Labianca is part of the title when talkin' about the crime. It was the Tate/Labianca murders. Not the Hinman/Tate/Labianca/Shea murders.

I don't think it was simply because Tate was glamorous and the Labianca's weren't,...although, Rosemary was quite the babe, wasn't she?

hmmm,...

(pause)

What was I sayin'?

Oh, yeah,...

Anyway, there were five victims at Tate. One potential victims was left alive. What did he hear? What did he see? Did CM go back that night? What did Carlos Gill really hear? How botched was the crime scene? Was Abigail wearin' underwear and a bra?....and why did Voyteck have his shoes on when he was asleep on the couch of a friend's home? How did Sharon and Jay's blood get on the front porch? What happened with the dogs? Why was Voyteck sleepin' on the couch anyhow? Was Parent gay?...etc.etc.

Not so much in terms of popularity. Just more questions, that's all.

Are there no interesting questions about the LaBianca scene then?

I don't know, was Rosemary a babe, and do I care?? LOL

My own view is that if the people at the Tate residence weren't famous, rich and good looking we would never of heard of it. Human nature being what it is , people are fasinated by the beautiful rich folk or so called "celebs" imo
Old 09-23-2012, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyP
When Nicole Brown Simpson was found murdered in front of her home
on June 12, 1994. About the same time another woman named "Nicole"
was murdered by her husband.

Few people even gave the other "Nicole" any attention. Does anyone even remember her last name?

It is because CELEBRITY is what the media seems to love to report on.
Lindsey Lohan uses this extremely wonderful tool to keep her name in the
spotlight receiving millions of dollars in free publicity! She is in the news
AGAIN! Another car accident!

Sharon Tate, Jay Sebring, and Abigail Folger were either rich or famous.
This does not make the other victims any less important but the truth of
the matter is the public seems fascinated with Celebrity.

And yes Rosemary La Bianca was a great looking woman. It's a shame
she lost her life! Rosemary's biggest concern was about welfare her husband Lino which says a lot about her!

Exactly! also celebrity is well over rated imo .
Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Good question!
I'm not sure why we don't? Maybe because they were not as glamorous
as the victims in the Tate house?
Or the Tate victims included a pregnant young beautiful actress?

What do you think?

i don't think its discussed because the victims were not as glamorous or famous as the Tate ones, i'm sure there is interesting stuff about that crime scene etc we could discuss. the books etc just all seem to focus on the Tate murders.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:42 AM

Oh and do not get me started on the whole Lindsey Lohan circus!
Old 09-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Special Reporter

Quote:
i don't think its discussed because the victims were not as glamorous or famous as the Tate ones, i'm sure there is interesting stuff about that crime scene etc we could discuss. the books etc just all seem to focus on the Tate murders.

Could it be that after the blood and gore of the Tate/Polanski home
we can't handle anymore of it? To me it's like the first attack was enough for me to handle.
Also like Doober said what about Gary Hinman? Now that was also a gory horrible murder. But I can't remember if the public knew about that murder
only after the Tate/LaBianca murders?
What always got me about the Gary Hinman slaying was that Gary actually
got the gun away from Bobby B. and gave it back!
I might have used it on Bobby.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:12 PM
Special Reporter

Quote:

I'm with you on that one! People are murdered all the time.
Sharon Tate was a fairly well known movie star during that time period.
Roman was also famous and a star director on the rise.
Also that 5 people (and a unborn baby) were killed at the same time
made a difference in all the attention. A mass murder.
The only reason I believe Lino and Rosemary were in the spotlight
was because it was the day after the Tate/Polanski murder. And the MO
was similar.
Old 09-26-2012, 07:18 AM
Super Poster

Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!Scorpion Super Duper Crime Fighter!

As has already been said, it's because Sharon Tate was murdered, plain and simple. If Sharon hadn't have been a victim in these crimes they would have been forgotten years ago, sad but true. Even the crime scene is known as the "Tate House" or the "Tate Crime Scene" or the "Tate Photos" etc etc, even though Jay is also in THAT photo, it's only Sharon's name that gets mentioned.

You even unwittingly referred to it in your original post as the "Tate Murder" FairM.

People get killed every day but we never hear about them because they aren't celebrities.

Greg King wrote a book called "Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders", but there's no book called "Jay Sebring and the Manson Murders" or any of the other victims for that matter.

Only Way To Find Out Is To Find Out
Old 09-27-2012, 03:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
As has already been said, it's because Sharon Tate was murdered, plain and simple. If Sharon hadn't have been a victim in these crimes they would have been forgotten years ago, sad but true. Even the crime scene is known as the "Tate House" or the "Tate Crime Scene" or the "Tate Photos" etc etc, even though Jay is also in THAT photo, it's only Sharon's name that gets mentioned.

You even unwittingly referred to it in your original post as the "Tate Murder" FairM.

People get killed every day but we never hear about them because they aren't celebrities.

Greg King wrote a book called "Sharon Tate and the Manson Murders", but there's no book called "Jay Sebring and the Manson Murders" or any of the other victims for that matter.

I've given you a thumbs up for this post Scorpion spot on!
Old 10-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Special Reporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion

Great observation Scorpion! It's so true.
Can anyone even imagine a book written called:

Steve Parent--THE MURDER.
by Dominick Dunn.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Great observation Scorpion! It's so true.
Can anyone even imagine a book written called:

Steve Parent--THE MURDER.
by Dominick Dunn.

when are you gonna visit his grave?