Crimeshots© True Crime Forums  

Go Back   Crimeshots© True Crime Forums > Crime and Criminals: The Worst of The Worst
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Crime and Criminals: The Worst of The Worst Discussions concerning some of the most horrible and despicable crimes in history.

Old 11-28-2006, 02:00 PM
Moderator/Supervisor

Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!
Angry Mom Allegedly Microwaves Baby

Mom Allegedly Microwaves Baby

DAYTON, Ohio -- An infant girl who died in August 2005 of a high body temperature might have been put in a microwave, and her mother has been charged in the death, authorities said Tuesday.

China Arnold, 26, was arrested at her home Monday on a charge of aggravated murder, more than a year after she brought her dead month-old baby to a hospital, police said.

"We have reason to believe and scientific evidence to support that a microwave oven might have been involved in the death of this child," said Ken Betz, director of the Montgomery County coroner's office.

At the time, Paris Talley's death was ruled a homicide caused by hyperthermia, or high body temperature, because of burns. Arnold was arrested initially, then released.

Betz said the case was difficult because "there is not a lot of scientific research and data on the effect of microwaves on human beings."

There was a lengthy investigation before prosecutors found enough probable cause to issue another arrest warrant, said Greg Flannagan, a spokesman for the county prosecutor's office.

Arnold's lawyer, Jon Paul Rion, said his client had nothing to do with her child's death and was stunned when investigators told her that a microwave might have been involved.

"China -- as a mother and a person -- was horrified that such an act could occur," Rion said.

The night before the baby was taken to the hospital, Arnold and the child's father went out for a short time and left Paris with a baby sitter, Rion said.

The mother didn't sense anything out of the ordinary until the next morning, when the child was found unconscious, Rion said.

Rion declined to say what the couple told hospital officials at the time.

Arnold, who has three other children, was being held in the Montgomery County jail and plans to plead not guilty, Rion said.

In 2000, a Virginia woman was sentenced to five years in prison for killing her month-old son in a microwave oven.

Elizabeth Renee Otte claimed she had no memory of cramming her son in the microwave and turning on the appliance in 1999. Experts said Otte suffered from epilepsy and that her seizures were followed by blackouts.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/10414500/detail.html
Old 11-28-2006, 05:35 PM
Miss Congeniality

Pook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud of

OMG

The cleared the babysitter from the night before in all this?

...If you don't talk to your cat about catnip, who will???

Old 11-28-2006, 09:29 PM
Miss Congeniality

Pook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud ofPook has much to be proud of

This is being featured by Nancy Grace this evening.

Old 11-29-2006, 10:06 AM
Special Reporter

Asphodel is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pook
This is being featured by Nancy Grace this evening.

I wish I could have seen her foam at the mouth.

My question is: Why a microwave? Was it that she wanted to kill the kid, and just found a way she was always curious about? Why the hell did she use a microwave?
Old 11-29-2006, 05:01 PM
Miss Congeniality

The only time I've heard of microwave incidents, there seems to be drugs involved. I can't even begin to imagine how the concept of doing that can even enter your brain...

From the 2 seconds of this story I saw on the NG show (as I was only flipping thru all the channels, having momentarily gotten control of the remore ), I do believe that the mother has been arrested or been in trouble for harming a child (or something) before.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:00 PM
Special Reporter

I'm just baffled by her using a microwave. I don't know how that could even be thought of. It's disgusting.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:40 AM
Moderator/Supervisor

Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!Royalpurple209 Super Duper Crime Fighter!
Default Friday, December 08, 2006

Prosecutors to Seek Death Penalty for Mother Accused of Killing Her Baby in a Microwave

DAYTON, Ohio — A mother suspected of killing her month-old daughter in 2005 by putting her in a microwave oven was indicted Thursday on a charge of aggravated murder, and the prosecutor said he would seek the death penalty.

The indictment against China Arnold, 26, does not provide details on the death of Paris Talley. Investigators have said evidence that includes high-heat internal injuries and the absence of external burn marks on the baby were consistent with a microwave oven.

"The Montgomery County coroner came to the conclusion that the injuries sustained by this baby could have only been caused by being placed into a microwave oven and having that oven turned on and cooked the baby to death," Montgomery Country Prosecutor Mathias Heck Jr. said at a news conference.

Heck said Arnold would be subject to the death penalty if convicted because the victim was a child.

Heck said the baby was killed in the early morning hours of Aug. 30, 2005, at Arnold's home. He declined to discuss motive or release any other details about the case.

Arnold took the baby to the hospital after finding her unconscious at home, according to defense attorney Jon Paul Rion. He said she told hospital officials she did not know what had happened to the child.

Rion has said Arnold had nothing to do with her daughter's death and was stunned when she was told a microwave might have been involved. He said she plans to plead not guilty.

"China has the moral courage and the confidence in her God that the truth will come out in this case," Rion said. "We will seek every single way possible to communicate to our government and to the jury in this case that China is innocent of all the charges."

Police said a microwave oven was taken as evidence. Ken Betz, director of the Montgomery County coroner's office, said the case was difficult because there is not a lot of scientific research on the effect of microwaves on humans.

The night before the baby was taken to the hospital, Arnold and the child's father went out for a short time and left the child with a baby sitter, Rion said. The mother didn't sense anything out of the ordinary until the next morning, when the child was found unconscious, Rion said.

Arnold was arrested Nov. 27. She is being held on $1 million bond in the Montgomery County Jail.

Heck said he will ask the court to order Arnold held without bond. She is scheduled to be arraigned Tuesday.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,235377,00.html
Old 12-08-2006, 06:36 AM
Special Reporter

What is she going to say? That it was partial spontaneous human combustion?
Old 12-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Intermediate Member

grandma is on a distinguished road

The defense is seeking to lay blame on other people that were there that evening.

After a 15 month investigation, the prosecutor did not rush to judgment. Since the victim was under the age of 13, the DP is an appropriate sanction consistent with Ohio's aggravating circumstance requirement.
Old 12-08-2006, 11:46 AM
Special Reporter

I figured that. I was just being a smart ass. I'm still not sure what I think about the death penalty in this case, though.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:42 PM
Intermediate Member

grandma is on a distinguished road

Really?! What can be worse than what this monster did to this baby! IMO, this case screams for the DP
Old 12-08-2006, 02:37 PM
Special Reporter

What's worse? Rape and molestation, of any age. I agree with the DP in those cases. I'm just not sure about this. Life sentence, fantastic. I'm just not sure about the DP.
Old 07-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Miss Congeniality

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,290110,00.html

Quote:
Ohio Detective: Drunk Mother Murdered Baby With Microwave

DAYTON, Ohio —
Investigators looked throughout China Arnold's home to find whatever fatally burned the woman's infant, finally identifying a kitchen appliance, a detective said.

"That microwave was the murder weapon," detective Michael Galbraith testified Thursday at a hearing to determine if Arnold will stand trial on aggravated murder charges in the death of her month-old daughter, Paris Talley.

Arnold, 26, has pleaded not guilty in Paris' death on Aug. 30, 2005. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty.

Galbraith testified that Arnold told him during his initial questioning: "If I hadn't gotten so drunk, I guess my baby wouldn't have died."

But under questioning from defense attorney Jon Paul Rion, Galbraith acknowledged that Arnold told him she did not know how the baby suffered the burns and that she could not recall having anything to do with it.
Prosecutors and police say the infant had high-heat internal injuries but no external burn marks, evidence that led the coroner to conclude the infant had been placed in a microwave. Galbraith said the infant's DNA was found in the home's microwave, though he acknowledged that evidence does not establish who put the baby inside.

Rion has said that Arnold took the baby to the hospital after finding her unconscious at home. He said she told hospital officials she did not know what happened to the child.

Rion also said the police's request for an arrest warrant contained inconsistent statements and omitted information.

Rion has asked the court to bar any evidence that was seized, any observations made by police and any statements that may have been made by Arnold after her arrest, which he said violated his client's constitutional rights.

Judge John Kessler ruled that prosecutors can use some of Arnold's statements at trial. He said he would decide later whether other statements and physical evidence would be admitted.

Old 07-21-2007, 03:09 AM
Resident Smarty-pants

magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!magpie Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!

How could this monster live with what she had done? She should have just killed her damned self by any means she had available to her at the time.

The post above is just my honest opinion!

"Why does Sea World have a seafood restaurant?? I'm halfway through my fish burger and I realize, Oh my God....I could be eating a slow learner." --- Lynda Montgomery

Posts written in my own words are the property of Crimeshots.com. Please leave what you read where you found it. Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2boso...eature=related
Old 07-23-2007, 10:49 AM
Super Poster

TruthIsStranger is on a distinguished road

This is an unliveable offense. You simply should not be able to do this to your own flesh and blood and live. Not at all.

"Feel ashamed to live in a land where justice is a game." ~ Bob Dylan, Hurricane

"We're living in times where men commit crimes and crime don’t have a face". - Bob Dylan, Political World