Crimeshots© True Crime Forums  

Go Back   Crimeshots© True Crime Forums > Anna Nicole Smith
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Anna Nicole Smith The continuing saga of the late Anna Nicole Smith

Old 01-13-2008, 01:26 PM
Premium Member

DancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of light
Default Inquest for Daniel Wayne Smith

Witness Testimony in approximate order presented:

Questioning by Neil Brathwaite from the Attorney General's Office.

1. Inspector Albury St. Louis, RBPF Criminal Records Officer:
Took pictures of autopsy and entered them into evidence.
Observed pinkish red abrasions in pelvic area and shoulders.

2. Marva Gibson, Immigrations Officer at the airport:
Said Daniel appeared normal, was shy and conservative and
asked for a 90 day stay. Stated arrival time as 9 p.m. ?Is this a
difference in time zones, or did she just mis-state the time?

3. Howard K Stern, Keeper of the Drugs
Testified that he identified body at morgue in the presence of
Linda Virgill (former coroner), Forsenic Pathologist Gavinda
Raju, and U. S. embassy representatives.
"Almost everytime I saw Anna, she had Danny with her"

4. Dr. Reginald Neymour, anesthesiologist
Stated he arrived at the scene 30 seconds after the code, 2
minutes before emergency team arrived. Another doctor was
there performing Chest compressions.
He said the body was
cool to touch. He inserted the endo-tracial tube and an IV on
the back of Daniels left hand. He administered adrenoline
oxygen, and performed chest compressions. He remained in
the room approximately 20 minutes.

5. Dr. James Iferenta, head of ER at Doctor's Hospital:
also stated that he arrived about 30 seconds after code and
there was another doctor working on Daniel.
Stated that Daniel's fingers had turned blue.
He worked on Daniel for 25 minutes before stopping the code.

6. Dr. Caroline Burnett:
Pronouced Daniel dead when he arrived at Princess
Margarette Hospital when the funeral home brought him to be
tagged.
Wow I hadn't heard he went to Another
Hospital...I thought he stayed at Doctor's Hospital
through the autopsy.

7. Dr. Horizal Simmons, Obstetrician:
First Doctor on the scene. Observes young male lying on the
bed and Anna standing at the foot of the bed being supported
by a male later identified as Howard Stern.

8. Nursing Assistant Francis Woodside:
Observed Daniel sleeping with Anna approximately 3 hours,
40 minutes before code sounded. The night before she
observed a "white haired gentleman" but could not identify him
by name. She visited the room 3 times during her 11:30 to
7:30 shift; once to bring pillows, once to bring Anna a
requested pain reliever, and a 6 a.m. to take Anna's vital signs.

9. Janice Knowles, Nurse-midwife:
Did not observe anything wrong with Daniel and he was still
alive when she came to take baby to nursery at 5:30 a.m.
Stated that Daniel did not want the baby to leave.

10. Mavid Davis, phlebotomist:
Didn't notice anything wrong with Daniel when she came to
room at 6:20 to draw blood. Observed him making
adjustments to Anna's bed.

Was Howard also awake at these times, was that testified to? Was he in the room each time they checked on Anna?

11. Patrice Hanna, natal nurse, stated that the RN and the midwife were the first to respond to code. She also states that "a pill" was later found in one of the beds but wasn't sure which bed.

12. Coralee Young, nurse on the code team:
Observed a hysterical and screaming Anna.

13. Catrione McTaggart, second nurse on code team:
Observed a hysterical and screaming Anna. Also stated that Anna attempted to continue chest compressions and Howard ventilation after the code was called off.

14. Harriett Lundy, medical technician:
Collected the urine and blood samples and sent them via
FedEx to LabCorp in Tampa, FL. What method was used to collect the samples?

15. Nadine Carey, RN:
sounded the code blue at 9:40. Stated when she got the the room it was already very congested. She stated that Nurse Janice Cota pulled the second bed near the door into the hall to give them more space. She noticed two pills on the top of sheet, held them until code was called off and attempted to give them to Dr. Iferenta who told her to give them to nursing supervisor, Patricia Laing. I assume the 'she" is Janice Cota

16. Patricia Laing, nursing supervisor:
Testified that she gave the pills to a police officer who secured them in a plastic bag.

Maternity is on the 2nd floor. Were the security cameras on the first and second floor, and if so, shouldn't there be a copy of the 1st floor entries and exits?

17. Dr. Govinda Raju, Forsenic Pathologist:
Stated Daniel died from a lethal combination of drugs injested between 4 and 6 hours before death. The only prescribed prescription in Daniel's name was the Lexapro. The
drug combo caused his respiratory system to collapse and he went into cardiac arrest. Daniel had a LOT of abrasions and puncture wounds in his left shoulder, right upper chest, back and upper hip areas. "No sign of violence"

When asked by Munroe about the possiblility of drug buildup in the body over a period of time, Raju stated the only way to determine that would to have monitered his ability to carry out his daily activities.

Daniel had 8 drugs in his system per blood and urine samples; 5 were prescription drugs, 1 was over the counter, 2 were used in an attempt to resusitate- 5 of the drugs were depressants, 3 were stimulants.

We need more info than this. Name all the drugs, how much of each was in his system,

18 Carolyn Nairn, patient in room 202:
Heard a lot of commotion coming from Room 201 and a female screaming "My Baby Boy". She is not sure of the time she heard this.

19. Dr. Charles Diggis, surgeon and medical officer:
explained standard code procedures

20. Corporal Addie Findley, police officer:
He and his partner were first officers on the scene.

21. Corporal Yvette Devereau, police officer:
First officer on the scene with partner. she found 26 tablets in Daniel's suitcase, later identified as Lexapro. She was also given the 2 pills, and was told that they came from Daniel's hand.

22. Frederick Taylor, Inspector, Central Detective Unit, RBPF:
stated he observed Daniel lying on the bed and Anna lying at his feet crying. Also stated that Shane Gibson, and his wife were also in the room when he arrived, but does not state what time that was.

23. Chief Superintendent Quinn McCarthy, forsenic scientist on police force:
Testified that the two pills found on the bed were a muscle relaxant and methadone. .790 mg of methadone in the blood, and 22 mg of methadone in the stomach, suggesting recent ingestion.
He stated that further study was needed to determine whether Daniel died from Drug interaction or from an overdose, when questioned by Munroe. He stated that he observe a red frothy material in the lungs, a clear sign of an overdose.

24) Richardo Hall, independent technician who copied the security tapes and gave them to Anton Saunders (??)
the court also viewed digital images from the security cameras in the hallway of the hospital. It does not show that Howard left twice, and the time period of 8 a.m. until noon is missing. Where exactly are the cameras?
Old 01-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Premium Member

DancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of lightDancingDiva is a glorious beacon of light
Default Inquest postponed until January 28, 2008

from jones bahamas.com

13th December
Smith Inquest Pushed To New Year
By TOSHEENA ROBINSON-BLAIR
The Coroner’s Inquest into the death of Daniel Smith wrapped up a day early on Wednesday when the Office of the Attorney General was unable to produce seven witnesses – some of them expected to deliver key evidence into the death of Daniel Smith, the son of the late American celebrity Anna Nicole Smith.
Daniel Smith died at Doctors Hospital on September 10, 2006 while visiting his mother, who had recently given birth to a daughter.

The AG’s office is now working to make contact with the last few witnesses on its list to have them come to court when the inquest resumes on January 28.

Since the matter commenced last month, 26 witnesses were called to give testimony in the inquest that aims to determine how and why the young man died.

On Monday, Neil Braithwaite, senior counsel in the Office of the Attorney General, told the court that more witnesses were expected to be called Wednesday.

At that time he noted that several were out of the jurisdiction.

Mr. Braithwaite, who’s being assisted by Darnell Dorsette, wants to call a toxicologist, Daniel Smith’s physician and the two Haitian nannies for Smith’s sister, Danielynn, to the stand – among others.

Dr. Sandeep Kapoor, Smith’s personal physician, has already told local police that he will not be coming to testify. Since he is out of the jurisdiction the court cannot compel him to attend the proceedings.

Last year, Dr. Kapoor provided Smith’s medical records to local law enforcement officers. Those records have been entered into evidence.

The AG’s office is also working to have either toxicologist Dr. Robert Middleberg or Dr. Lee Hern come to the Bahamas to shed further light on their written reports.

Dr. Middleberg is the laboratory director at National Medical Services in Pennsylvania, while Dr. Hern holds a similar post at the Miami Dade County Medical Examiner Department.

On Monday, forensic pathologist Dr. Govinda Raju told the court that once he received the toxicology reports from both doctors, he was able to ascertain that Smith died from a lethal combination drugs.

Both reports show that Smith had a combination of eight different drugs – a mixture of stimulants and depressants – in his system.

Among the eight drugs were five prescription drugs, one over-the-counter drug and two drugs doctors would have used in their attempt to revive the young man after he was found unconscious on a bed in his mother’s hospital room.

According to the toxicology reports, the drugs in Smith’s system included Zoloft and Lexapro – antidepressants commonly used to treat anxiety and panic – and a significant amount of methadone.

The latter is prescribed as a pain reliever and is also used to suppress symptoms drug users experience when going through heroine withdrawal.

The attorney general’s office is also seeking to have Daniel Smith’s caretaker, Raymond Martino, testify.

In one of her reports to police, Anna Nicole Smith explained that Daniel went to live with Mr. Martino, a family friend, after he became abusive to her last year and began staying out late.

It’s uncertain whether Mr. Martino will make it to court as he told police that he lost his passport.

Other witnesses Mr. Braithwaite wants to call to the stand when court resumes next year include Danielynn’s father, Larry Birkhead; G. Ben Thompson [who claims he bought the house where Ms. Smith stayed on the Eastern Road] and his son-in-law Ford Shelley, both of South Carolina.
Old 01-13-2008, 05:55 PM

Reality Check is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"Almost everytime I saw Anna, she had Danny with her"

That statement by Stern just screams jealousy.

Old 01-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reality Check

lol...sounds like a blatant lie to me. Daniel hadn't seen Anna in months once she kicked him out of the house. And I DO believe there is a story there that hasn't been told yet.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DancingDiva
lol...sounds like a blatant lie to me. Daniel hadn't seen Anna in months once she kicked him out of the house. And I DO believe there is a story there that hasn't been told yet.

I think it is a blatant lie, but I also think it speaks to Stern's jealousy of Daniel. Anna loved Daniel so much and treated Stern the way he deserved to be treated.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:05 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
I think it is a blatant lie, but I also think it speaks to Stern's jealousy of Daniel. Anna loved Daniel so much and treated Stern the way he deserved to be treated.

I agree with that. Why he was jealous, I don't know unless it removed some of his control over her. IMO he certainly didn't love her, was incapable of loving her, and used her to his own nefarious ends. IMO. I think he had to remove Daniel from Anna's life permanently, or Daniel (who "got" Stern) would begin to alienate Anna from Stern's control.
Old 01-13-2008, 07:09 PM

Quote:
I agree with that. Why he was jealous, I don't know unless it removed some of his control over her. IMO he certainly didn't love her, was incapable of loving her, and used her to his own nefarious ends. IMO. I think he had to remove Daniel from Anna's life permanently, or Daniel (who "got" Stern) would begin to alienate Anna from Stern's control.

Right on! I think Daniel was the one person Stern was unable to alienate Anna from and that's where the jealousy came into play. Jealous that Daniel had something that Stern didn't.

Now Stern didn't love Anna imo, his goal was to control her totally. As long as Daniel was there, he couldn't do that. I agree with you that he had to remove the obstacle, as he would have seen Daniel. IMO
Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 PM

Rialto is on a distinguished road

The inquest reconvenes in less than two weeks. Hopefully Ray Martino and other important witnesses based in America will gives testimony as they were asked to do.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:54 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rialto
The inquest reconvenes in less than two weeks. Hopefully Ray Martino and other important witnesses based in America will gives testimony as they were asked to do.

I hope so to Rialto, Larry, Ray, Ben and Ford need to all be there.
Old 01-15-2008, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rialto

Hopefully Stern will be there!!
Old 01-15-2008, 07:34 PM

Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!
Lightbulb Daniel's Inquest

Quote:
Right on! I think Daniel was the one person Stern was unable to alienate Anna from and that's where the jealousy came into play. Jealous that Daniel had something that Stern didn't.

Now Stern didn't love Anna imo, his goal was to control her totally. As long as Daniel was there, he couldn't do that. I agree with you that he had to remove the obstacle, as he would have seen Daniel. IMO
I agree with everything you said, Reality. I will never stop praying that there will be justice for Daniel. Daniel did not accidentally overdose and he did not kill himself. Daniel would be alive today if it had not been for Howard! IMO
Old 01-15-2008, 07:38 PM

Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!Max Crimeshots© Own Sherlock Holmes!
Lightbulb

Quote:

I agree. Howard is a jealous and vindictive person. I believe he hated Daniel and Anna too. IMO
Old 01-15-2008, 08:42 PM

NoseKnot is a jewel in the roughNoseKnot is a jewel in the roughNoseKnot is a jewel in the roughNoseKnot is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max
I agree. Howard is a jealous and vindictive person. I believe he hated Daniel and Anna too. IMO

I read reviews from her show and one of the authors said Howard looked as if he was completely repulsed by Anna. It is interesting that people had that view of it years ago.
Old 01-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoseKnot
I read reviews from her show and one of the authors said Howard looked as if he was completely repulsed by Anna. It is interesting that people had that view of it years ago.

I finally broke down and bought the 1st season...lol..she treated him abominably. I can just imagine how much he disliked her.
Old 01-15-2008, 09:08 PM

NoseKnot is a jewel in the roughNoseKnot is a jewel in the roughNoseKnot is a jewel in the roughNoseKnot is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I finally broke down and bought the 1st season...lol..she treated him abominably. I can just imagine how much he disliked her.
She did treat him pretty mean. But I think that is just how she was, she was mean. Leona Helmsley mean. Maybe that is why Howard and Dr E felt the need to keep her "knocked out"