Crimeshots© True Crime Forums  

Go Back   Crimeshots© True Crime Forums > Unsolved Murders/Cold Cases
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unsolved Murders/Cold Cases Forum For Crime Buffs Who Follow Unsolved Murder Cases. More and more of these cases are being solved every day, thanks to new DNA testing.

Old 04-07-2004, 09:16 AM
Intermediate Member

caristo is on a distinguished road
Default Who Killed Helena Greenwood?

On Aug. 22, 1985, Helena Greenwood, a British scientist and pioneer in DNA research, is found dead in front of her San Diego home. Detectives discover that the year before, Greenwood was the victim of a sexual assault. Now, just 21 days before she is cheduled to testify against David Frediani, the man accused of sexually assaulting her, Greenwood is murdered.

Police have enough evidence to charge and convict Frediani with sexual assault, but not murder. He serves 3 years in prison while the Greenwood murder case goes cold. Then in 1999, The San Diego Sheriff’sHomicide Archive Team re-opens the case. They have saved minute samples of human tissue taken from underneath Helena Greenwood’s fingernails in 1985.
Old 06-18-2004, 05:28 PM
Feathered Friend

Goose is on a distinguished road

I have to admit I havn`t read about this case but I shall and get back to you with my thoughts
Old 06-19-2004, 04:44 PM
Feathered Friend

Goose is on a distinguished road

So if they can match a DNA pattern to this guy Frediani , then they have their man.

I am a great believer in everyone in the world submitting to a DNA test, ok that may sound a little over reaching, so I`ll rephrase it....I think everyone in a civilised country should submit to a DNA test....when a baby is born a blood sample is always taken so it would not be that hard to register it`s DNA, then as time passes, we *oldies* die and then everyones DNA will be on record......mmmm sounds rather like an old X File
Old 07-27-2004, 05:03 AM
Special Reporter

Asphodel is on a distinguished road

I loved The X Files until they got rid of Mulder... Well, anyway... I think I've heard of Helena Greenwood before. I know that name. Could Frediani make his guilt any more evident? Well, not physically evident, anyway.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:23 AM
Intermediate Member

Adam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond reputeAdam12 has a reputation beyond repute

heh heh, I loved the x files, but I can't get the channel that broadcasts the reruns since I moved. Mulder was cool. lol
Old 11-17-2007, 06:41 PM

MIKELMIKE77 is on a distinguished road
Default About Ms.Greenwood

By all accounts a nice British woman , a scientist and married . She was attacked and sexually assaulted by the lowlife animal david frediani and was to testify against him in court .He tracked her down and took her life like the disgusting animal he is .However her transcripts were read in court and with other evidence frediani got six years .DNA which Ms. greenwood beleived could be vital in crime fighting was in its early stages when she was murdered , however she fought for her life and frediani's DNA was under her fingernails .Thankfully this evidence got frediani life without parole .Her father held on until this pervert was convicted and passed away 16 hours after seeing his child finally get some kind of justice .Here's to the people who never gave up , who didn't and don't forget the Helena Greenwood's of the world and put the fredianis of the world where they belong .God watch over you .